1. Beijing has a lot more inhabitants than any other city in China.
2. Our city doesn’t have as many freeways as Paris does.
3. Actually, there are fewer tourists in my hometown than in Hong Kong.
4. However, Shanghai doesn’t have as much pollution as that city.
5. My hometown doesn’t have as many high-rise buildings as Beijing.
6. This city has less industry than Nanjing.
7. Harbin is a cold, industrial centre in the north while Guangzhou is a hot, industrial port in the south.
8. The city stands by the side of the Yangtze River, and it’s a nice place to live in.
9. Its economy has been developing very quickly in the past ten years.
10. In the center of the town, there are two gardens, where citizens and tourists can relax themselves.
11. There is an ancient temple, which dates back to 1,500 years ago.
12. Two nation-famous universities are situated in the south of the city.
13. The Yangtze River winds its way through the city of Wuhan.
14. Among so many museums in the city, the Science Museum is the most popular with the youth.
15. Food in my home town is very popular, especially the fresh and delicious seafood.
Shanghai, a Most Attractive City in China
As a most attractive city, Shanghai is also the centre of China’s economy, trade, finance and information.
It is firstly a city famous for her history and culture. Not only many great persons like Sun Zhongshan and Song Qingling used to work and live here but also many well-known historic events happened here. Also it is the birthplace of the Chinese Communist Party.
Secondly, Shanghai is especially well-known for its buildings which are of ancient and modern styles as well as of Chinese and foreign ones. The styles are so various that Shanghai is called Exhibition of 10,000-country buildings.
Thirdly, Shanghai is famous as the Shopping Heaven. There are so many 100-year-old stores and modern malls, where you can buy whatever you are interested in.
Finally, Shanghai is an unsleeping city. As soon as night falls, it is decorated with colourful beautiful lights, which make the city more beautiful than in the day.
Still, there are two great Shanghai names you may have known. They are Liu Xiang, a hurdle world fastest runner, and Yaoming, the tallest basketball player in the world!